Black and White and Petticoat All Over

Hot off the presses I have finished my second petticoat!  My first was a pretty simple, yet still loving of the pintucks, Edwardian era petticoat.  The newly finished one will layer with my walking skirt (late 19th century), and other projects currently in work.  The Black and White fabric was a fantastic find at Longs off Broadway in Oakland.  The Solid Black is a light weight twill from Stone Mountain & Daughter.  I used the Truly Victorian Pattern - TV170 | Natural Form (View B).  I added self 1/2" wide taping strips on the solid black twill with a white edge-stitching along the princess seams and along the ruffle seam at the sweep to help break up the black and white print.  This was super easy to make and i really like the fullness it has added to my walking skirt.

Black & White Petticoat | TV170 Natural Form (View B) | Front   Black & White Petticoat | TV170 Natural Form (View B) | 3/4 View   Black & White Petticoat | TV170 Natural Form (View B) | Back

Note:  Petticoat on my "new" Uniquely You Dress form... separate post to follow about the fantastic new "foam" me that i can stab with pins all night long.


No comments: