Stitches West: Day Two - No Photography Allowed

Yesterday presented another fun day of Stitches goodness.  Upon arriving at the train station i bumped into Girl on the Rocks and had an awesome chattin buddy the whole way down to Santa Clara.  I learned all about Salt Flats, which were beautiful with the Sunset on the Way home, pictures at the bottom.

Upon arriving i found the "No Photography or Video Allowed" a bit odd for a convention.  Oh well...so the pictures here are both purchase aftermath.  The convention seemed kinda light to me.  Also these have to be the largest aisles i've ever seen!  A Verb for Keeping Warm 's booth looked awesome and so did CoCo Knits, which was busy with beautiful baby stuff.  It felt great to walk around and see so many fiber artists that are wonderful people with new faces learning about their wonderful products.  New members for the Bay Area Goodness Yarn/Fiber cult (i should start that...hehehe).

It was awesome to walk around and see so many different kinda of yarn and knitting related products.  The skin care people still seem out of place to me...  I did control myself mostly and walked away with only "two" purchases.  The first is "Cotton Ice" in Black from Newton Yarn.  This has Victorian knitted sweater writen all over it!  Now i just need to find a bit more today...or it will become a shawl instead, stupid sleeves!  The second is "Yowza Whatta Skien!"Hand Painted, Superwash Merino, Colorway: Cleopatra, 1680 yards total *'-'*.  This was saying blanket in my ear while i was paying...but sweater hyas alo been creeping up the list.  Not my normal colors, but there's some black in there somewhere allowing me to see it.



Today is the end of Stitches West for me this year.  I have an Enterlac class @ 1pm and a TINY bit of shopping, involving a yarn hunt and beautiful shawl pin, to complete.  After that it 's back to the sewing mines with me 'til i head to NY for more fun on Monday.  Please enjoy the beautiful Salt Flats Sunset...

 





No comments: