Sewing Kick & Buttonhole Phobia's

Yep. I've caught the sewing bug, and am totally enjoying it! It's been awhile since the sewing machine was out for anything that wasn't Double Vision costuming, but this has helped allow me to actually enjoy the rush pajama sewing project for my brother. They are coming out super cute! I was able to break away from work a bit early today and got the entire shirt sewn together, minus buttons and buttonholes.

I am was totally terrified of sewing buttonholes. I some how have managed to avoid ever performing the buttonhole function on a home sewing machine in 20+ years of sewing. I'm fine on the super sleek industrial, computer type, automatic buttonhole machines in factories i've worked in. No worries! Well this project has forced me to face the buttonhole fear. Earlier this evening I took out a piece of scrap fabric and just went for it. Voila! It actually worked! I made a buttonhole! YEA!!! Now i need to make four more in the right positions without screwing up on the REAL garment which is pretty scary...but i have conquered the first step.

While out buying fusing for the pajamas i picked up some 8oz denim to use as the border fabric for the Star Wars quilt. It's coming together. Too bad i can't take my sewing machine on the lengthy plane rides. Thank goodness, there's yarn : )

No comments: