Back to the Airport

Back from Russia...all packed for Taos.  You'd think i loved traveling, which is partially true.  I love doing "stuff".  Be that stuff visiting 400+ year old cathedrals in Moscow or sportin the sun hat in New Mexico checking out some fiber.

Russia was amazing.  So amazing that i took over 1000+ pictures and need to spend some serious time trying to figure out where each icon is from.  Fingers crossed i can work on it while in Taos, but i think that's being overly optimistic.  Russia also produced a pair of socks!  Cast on morning of, and grafted the toes when we got back.


The Taos Fiber Festival is this week!  I signed up for a natural dying class and have spent the last two months convincing them that 2 people is plenty for the two day class and that cancelling the class would really suck (yea for special attention while learning new things).  I got confirmation last night that the class is still on and to bring some gloves.  I'm super excited...my first step into the world of dying fiber and yarn.  As a kid my science fair project was on fruit and vegetable dyes, forcasting?  I'm SUPER EXCITED!!!  I will arrive in Alburquerque this afternoon and make the drive up to Taos.  I've heard even the drive is beautiful : )

No comments: